Your landlord refuses to return your security deposit, now what?

We help you get your security deposit back. 

Security deposit disputes
are one of the most common disputes between landlords and tenants.

Have 21 days passed since you moved out but your security deposit is nowhere in sight? Did you leave your apartment in a great condition when you moved out? Has your landlord been ignoring your request to return your security deposit?

How People Clerk Works


3 Easy Steps



You tell us about your security deposit dispute. 


Demand Letter

We help you draft & send a letter to your landlord.


Small Claims Court

No settlement?
 We guide you throughout the small claims court process. 
You only pay us if you get your money back.

Unsure about the security deposit requirements in California?

We have your back

with California Small Claims Disputes.


  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

Courtam, Inc dba People Clerk is not an attorney or a law firm, therefore, People Clerk does not provide legal advice. People Clerk uses technology to reduce the costs of pursuing a small claims dispute. People Clerk can only provide self-help services at your direction. 

People Clerk is not affiliated or endorsed by the California Judicial Branch or any government agency. Blank small claims court forms are available for free on the California Courts website


People Clerk does not sell your information to third parties. 

People Clerk is registered in San Mateo County, California as a bonded legal document assistant (2020-1). We can be reached at (650) 385-8507.

© 2020 by Courtam, Inc.