Security Deposit

California Security Deposits and Small Claims Court

Question: Can I take my landlord to California Small Claims Court because they didn't return my security deposit? Short Answer: Yes.

What to do if Landlord improperly withholds your Security Deposit?

Do you have a dispute with your landlord over your withheld security deposit? What can I do to get my deposit back? You have several options, including suing your landlord in Small Claims Court.