We have your back with Small Claims Court

Everything you need for your Best-Case Scenario.


Why People Clerk?

Avoid Mistakes

Understand how much you can sue for, and the pros and cons of suing, so you know you’re making the right choice.

Save Time

Receive completed court forms, and step-by-step instructions to file & serve your case – all without having to navigate complicated court websites.

Understand Expectations

Know what to do before, during, and after your Small Claims hearing. Be fully prepared so you can convince the Judge at your court hearing.

How People Clerk Works


Send a Demand Letter

A formally worded letter demanding payment will often convince the other party to pay, as they too want to avoid a lawsuit.

Create your custom letter in 10 minutes! Download it for free, or have us print, mail, and track it for you.


Take Legal Action

Demand letter didn't work? Take them to Small Claims Court.

Learn how much you can sue for and what a judge would look for in a winning case. We will prepare, file, and serve your small claims case.


Go to Court Prepared

Winning lawyers use trial presentations. Now you can too!

Get step-by-step guidance to provide your important case details and know what to expect at your Small Claims Court Hearing. With the JusticeDirect Trial Presentation™ you can present a persuasive argument in court.

What Our Users Are Saying


I used this service, and the demand letter helped me get paid, I sent it to the agency via email and advised her I was going to send it in the mail she paid me the next day. I forgot to cancel the membership. I called and they gave me a one-time refund. No questions just gave me my refund. I actually got my refund today!

Carmen Esquivel
January 31, 2023


So easy to use and prompt response to my questions. Would definitely recommend this to anyone that is looking into small claims court. Explains the process and what steps to take.

Michelle Van Stekelenborg
March 8, 2023


Great template, VERY user friendly and easy to use. Attempting to solve these situations are very stressful but using JusticeDirect made it doable. Along with USPS tracking, I also received a confirmation email from JusticeDirect when it was delivered. After using JusticeDirect, and knowing I started the process of trying to get a resolution, it was a huge relief.

Kim Lewis
May 25, 2023


Is People Clerk Right for You?

Unsure if we’re the right choice for you? Our brief assessment will guide you. It’s a quick step to finding out how we can support your legal needs. Try it today!



We are not a lawyer or a law firm. We are an affordable way to resolve your small claims dispute and get justice.

Fun fact: Lawyers are not allowed to represent clients in California small claims court at the initial small claims hearing. If you need a lawyer, we can help connect you with one!

People Clerk is your small claims assistant. We have an simple 5-step process:

  1. You answer simple questions about your dispute.

  2. We prepare, review, and send your lawsuit documents to the court.

  3. We help you serve (notify) the other party that they have been sued.

  4. We prepare and send you an evidence packet for the hearing.

  5. You will always have access to a human legal assistant.

Learn more here.

Only the judge can decide this 👩‍⚖️

To have a better chance at winning, your evidence must be organized and you are prepared to tell your side of the story to the judge. We help you prepare for the hearing by creating an organized evidence packet for you!

  • Figuring out the forms and processes for filing a case can take hours and weeks. With JusticeDirect you will receive completed court forms in as little as 20 minutes.

  • After filing your case, the court will set a hearing date for you, usually 2-4 months from when you filed.

  • Once the hearing is over, it typically takes the court 5-10 business days to make a decision.

So long as there isn't another court that is more specific to your lawsuit (for example, eviction court), then the lawsuit can be filed in small claims.

The most common types of small claims lawsuits are:

  • Security Deposit. ​Your landlord did not return your security deposit.

  • Rent. Your tenant or roommate didn't pay the rent.

  • Loan. You loaned someone money and they didn't pay you back.

  • Car Accident. Someone hit your car while driving and now you have to pay for the repair work.

  • Mechanic. ​You hired a mechanic to repair your car and they did a terrible job.

  • Contractors. You hired a contractor to perform work at your home and they did a terrible job.

  • Neighbor. Your neighbor damaged your property.

  • Contracts. You had a contract with someone and they broke the contract.

  • Damage to Property. Someone damaged your property (e.g. house, car, bicycle).

  • Goods. You bought an item and didn't receive it or you sold an item and didn't get paid for it.

  • Insurance Companies. Your insurance company didn't pay you for a claim they should have paid you for.

  • Services. You paid for a service and didn't receive it or you provided a service and didn't get paid.

  • Personal Injury. Someone caused you to get hurt.

Quest for Justice, LLC dba People Clerk is not an attorney or a law firm, therefore, People Clerk does not provide legal advice. People Clerk uses technology to reduce the costs of pursuing a small claims dispute.

People Clerk can only provide self-help services at your direction. People Clerk is not affiliated or endorsed by any government agency.

We can be reached at (650) 385-8507 or by email at [email protected].