Many types of lawsuits can be brought in Small Claims Court. Click on the bolds to learn more by lawsuit type!
Here are some examples:
- Security Deposit: Your landlord did not return your security deposit.
- Rent: Your tenant or roommate didn't pay the rent.
- Loan: You loaned someone money and they didn't pay you back.
- Car Accident: Someone hit your car while driving and now you have to pay for the repair work.
- Mechanic: You hired a mechanic to repair your car and they did a terrible job.
- Neighbor: Your neighbor damaged your property.
- Contracts: You had a contract with someone and they broke the contract.
- Damage to Property: Someone damaged your property (e.g. house, car, bicycle).
- Goods: You bought an item and didn't receive it or you sold an item and didn't get paid for it.
- Services: You paid for a service and didn't receive it or you provided a service and didn't get paid.
- Personal Injury: Someone caused you to get hurt.