• The People Clerk Team

Quick List of small claims forms in California

What forms do I need for California Small Claims Court?"

While California has tried to simplify the forms used in Small Claims Court, it can still be confusing to choose the right form to use and when it should be used. We have compiled a list of some frequently used forms in California Small Claims Court.

Ready for People Clerk to be your small claims assistant?

or click here to get started.

Starting the Lawsuit

I am the one suing:

Plaintiff’s Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court (SC-100)

  • This form starts the California Small Claims Court lawsuit process.

  • It is also known as the "complaint" or "claim."

  • This is the first document you need to file if you are suing someone. Download here.

  • Once you complete this form, you are ready to file your small claims lawsuit.

Proof of Service (Small Claims) (SC-104)

I have been sued:

Defendant's Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court (SC-120)

  • Someone sued you, now what?

  • You can sue someone who has sued you in the same case. This is called a countersuit. Download here.

Proof of Service (Small Claims) (SC-104)

The lawsuit has been filed. What's the next step?

Change Trial Date.

Go to court on behalf of a business or individual.

Get witnesses subpoenaed for trial.

Get documents subpoenaed for trial.

End the lawsuit.

For a full list of the forms, check out the California Courts website here. There also may be a court specific form for your local court. Check your local small claims court website to learn more.

Let People Clerk help you with your small claims lawsuit.

or click here to get started.

Check out our other articles:

How to file your California Small Claims Court Case

How to Write a Demand Letter

California Small Claims Court Filing Fees

Los Angeles Small Claims Court

Small Claims Courts by County:

San Francisco Small Claims

Los Angeles Small Claims

Monterey Small Claims

Mercedes County Small Claims

Riverside Small Claims

Orange County Small Claims

We have your back

with California Small Claims Disputes.


  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

Courtam, Inc dba People Clerk is not an attorney or a law firm, therefore, People Clerk does not provide legal advice. People Clerk uses technology to reduce the costs of pursuing a small claims dispute. People Clerk can only provide self-help services at your direction. 

People Clerk is not affiliated or endorsed by the California Judicial Branch or any government agency. Blank small claims court forms are available for free on the California Courts website


People Clerk does not sell your information to third parties. 

People Clerk is registered in San Mateo County, California as a bonded legal document assistant (2020-1). We can be reached at (650) 385-8507.

© 2020 by Courtam, Inc.