Did you know you can view and download filed documents for your Small Claims Court case in San Francisco online? Documents you, the other party, or the court files, will appear in the online case docket.
The online case docket consists of a list of "events" in the case. Each time you, the other party, or the court files a document, a new event is created. You are able to access the small claims court case docket for free.
In this article, learn about:
- Why it is important to frequently check your small claims court docket.
- Examples of notices you may receive:
- Steps on how to access your small claims case docket online
Why is it important to frequently check your small claims court docket?
While you will still receive any important notices in the mail from the San Francisco small claims court, checking your online docket can give you access to notices a lot quicker.
Examples of notices you may receive:
- Your court date may have changed.
- The other party may have filed an important document in the case that requires your response.
- The court may have uploaded important case information.
Review the steps on how to access your small claims case docket online:
Step 1: Go to the San Francisco County Small Claims Court Case Access website here.
Step 2: Enter your case number or your last name, first name.
- The case number starts with the letters CSM and consists of 11 letters and numbers.
Step 3: You should now be able to see a summary of your case.
- Documents that you can view and download have a "View" link to the right. Click on "View" to see the document.
San Francisco allows you to download any documents in your case for free.